Monday, June 15, 2009

Blue Tongue Lizard

Easy to see how this lizard got it's name (hope it doesn't creep anyone out). This evening I am busy editing photos I shot at Australia zoo today. Probably will be doing the same tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Are you sure it isn't a blue tongued skink?
    Zoo person here. LOL Great shots!
    My dream would be to make it to Australia one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Icky. But a very nice shot of icky! I haven't been to a zoo in years. The one here in Nashville doesn't count, it sucks so bad. May have to head over to Memphis to see their world-class zoo soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. icky is a great description of that... great shot and all, just creeps me out - blue tongue and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, they are skinks but seems they get called either. I have always known them as lizards and that's what the sign at the zoo listed them as (can't agrue with Steve and his team now can I?).

    If lizards are icky guess I better not post any snake shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, we've got an anole here, love lizards:) He looks like a chow with scales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like he drank some kind of Kool-Aid! Cool shots!

    ReplyDelete