Saturday, June 27, 2009

Am I an artist?

Last night was the opening reception for a juried visual arts show at UCLA. One of my fashion images was accepted and put on display. This is my second juried show and yet I still felt the same kind of nervous excitement as the last one. I cannot really put into words the feeling you get when you see one of your images on a gallery wall next to the work of other respected artists. However, since my chosen profession (i.e., law) is anything but artistic, I have to keep asking myself: am I an artist? (6/26/09, City of Angels, 7:10 p.m.)

6 comments:

  1. i totally understand your dilemma. but i think for me being an engineer forces art out of me since my 'job' is so very un artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it just so awesome to have a photo in a juried show congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes--in my book you are most definitely an artist!! A great one at that!! :) Congratulations on this wonderful accomplishment. So proud to "know' you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is way cool and look how yours stands out on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely and so awesome for you to have your photo in a juried show.

    ReplyDelete